About General Tire
A brand that is made for tough terrain.
Your Passenger, SUV & 4x4 specialist
Whether you're driving on paved roads or navigating uncharted territory, General Tire offers passenger, SUV and 4x4 drivers robust and durable tires for every application. With its American heritage, this is traditionally one of General Tire‘s core competencies.
With more than 100 years of experience in the tire industry and as part of Continental - a leading tire manufacturer based in Germany - General Tire delivers products you can rely on – no matter how challenging the terrain may be!
Truck and Bus Tires for All Road Conditions - Go. Anywhere.
Manufactured by one of Europe’s leading tire companies, the General Tire truck tire portfolio is based on longstanding experience and technological competence.
General Tire has its standing as a high-quality brand that is made for tough and rough environments.
Material Handling and Earthmoving tires - Let's get to work!
The world-renowned brand stands as a trusted partner while providing a great price-performance ratio for its tires.
Based on customer needs and the challenging requirements that come from the toughest climate and road conditions, General Tire tires are designed using the latest and most efficient technologies in tire development. No matter which surface they are driving on – let's get to work!
More than 100 years of adventure
- 1915 General Tire was founded 29th of September, 1915 as General Tire Rubber Company in Akron, Ohio.
- 1920s General Tire revolutionized tyre manufacturing and became known as a technology leader with the invention of the low pressure General Balloon Jumbos. This was the first of many key innovations which position the company at the top of the industry’s premium tyre producers.
- 1930 With the mass motorization in the USA, General Tire begins a process of international expansion by building a production line in Mexico.
- 1943 General Tire discovers the carbon black latex-mixing masterbatch principle.
- 1955 General Tire commences Original Equipment supply to General Motors and for other major automobile manufacturers.
- 1959 General Tire opened the world’s largest tyre testing track in Texas.
- 1960s General Tire extends its manufacturing footprint across the USA.
- 1987 Continental AG purchased the tire division of General Tire Inc.
- 2000 Opening of a new European Distribution Warehouse. General Tire decides to complete their product range and to keep the focus of a high quality brand that is suited for tough and rough environment.
- 2007 Market launch of the Altimax RT and Altimax HP/UHP – a combined product line for the Americas and Europe.
- 2013 Launch of the new Altimax Sport, Altimax Comfort and Grabber GT SUV tyre for onroad use based on European demands.
- 2015 Anniversary General Tire 100 Years and Launch of the Grabber HTS 60.
- 2016 Launch of the new Altimax Arctic 12, Grabber Arctic, Altimax A/S 365, Grabber AT3 and Grabber X3.
- 2017 Introduction of General Tire truck tyres into Middle East and African markets with the new ADDAX truck tyre line. Launch of the Snow Grabber Plus.
- 2018 Launch of the Grabber A/S 365, General Tire’s first entry to SUV All Season market.
- 2019 Introduction of General Tire Earthmoving range of V.ply tires. Introduction of General Tire Material Handling Press-On-Bands Smooth and Trac.
- 2021 Launch of the Grabber GT Plus. Introduction of General Tire Material Handling Super Elastics Lifter range.